Starting Your Own Bourbon Brand
The excitement surrounding the quickly growing whiskey market continues to attract many aspiring entrepreneurs. According to Allied Market Research, the global whiskey market is projected to reach $86 billion by 2027 with an annual growth rate of nearly 5%. The thrill of starting your own brand and taking a slice of that pie begins with acquiring some industry-specific knowledge, context and contacts.
Liquid Sourcing Bulk Whiskey
You don’t have to operate your own distillery to get started as a bourbon brand. You can purchase barreled whiskey on the open market. Beverage alcohol products face many similar challenges when it comes to sourcing bulk whiskey to start and maintain a brand. Brindiamo Group, headquartered in Nashville, TN, is one of the largest bulk bourbon and whiskey suppliers in the world and can help you source liquid of any age on the open market. Sourcing liquids via a broker and successfully utilizing online tools can greatly reduce your go-to-market timeline.
Bourbon Entrepreneurs may want to begin their trek in the Bourbon Capital of the World, Bardstown, KY. Both the limestone-rich soil that filters impurities out of spring and Kentucky’s climate for growing the source grains have made this an ideal location for bourbon production. The most important part of the production process is determining the mash bill. The mash bill is essentially the recipe for the final product – it tells you which grains were used in production. For a whiskey to be considered bourbon, The most important part of the production process is determining the mash bill. The mash bill is essentially the recipe for the final product – it tells you which grains were used in production.at least 51% corn. The remaining 49% Commonly consists of some mixture of rye, malted barley, and/or wheat.. Brindiamo can help you strategize your ingredients.
Producing a Mash Bill with a Master Distiller
If you would like more control over the flavor profile and mash bill of your product, you may want to work with a Master Blender or Master Distiller to begin the process of developing your mash bill. He/she will determine the Process and ingredients that can produce the flavors you are seeking. This flavor profile stage of the process is just one part of developing your brand. If you are seeking guidance On this topic, you can contact our expert advisors at Brindiamo Group.
Product Marketing and Branding
When starting a bourbon brand, you will also need to source glass bottles or another approved vessel for packaging your juice. Additional packaging items to consider are closures, corks, labels and relevant branding elements. Namely, you will need to include a brand name, graphics for logo, label and shipping box design to proceed. Finally, you will need to devise a distribution strategy which may combine going Direct to Consumer (DTC) as well as navigating varying regulations and distribution territories. Contact Brindiamo Group to help navigate the industry at any step of the process.
Brand Advice for Beginners
Building your network by reaching out to alcohol marketing and sales experts, beverage venture capitalists, and sourcing specialists can speed up your time to market and help you to build your brand. Reach out to Brindiamo Group today to learn more. Bottoms up to your success in joining the bourbon community of brands in 2023!